As one of the most popular car brands by sale volume in the world, Hyundai is known for its innovative and fuel-efficient vehicles, as embodied in its slogan: “New Thinking. New Possibilities.”
Despite the popularity, Hyundai vehicle’s aren’t always 100% perfect. If you believe your car may have been sold to you with a known defect, reach out to us at 833.4.CARLAW for a free consultation and we will investigate the problem.
Recent Hyundai Complaints and Recalls
In recent years, Hyundai has undergone a few recalls from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for a variety of reasons. These recalls include:
- Parking brake indicator may not illuminate. This could lead to drivers moving with the brake still applied.
- Sunroof panel may detach. If the panel ends up on the road, it could become a hazard to other drivers.
- Airbag may not inflate properly. This could lead to greater injuries in the event of an accident.
- ABS warning lamp may not illuminate. If the driver doesn’t know there’s a problem with the brakes, they could wind up in an accident.
- Front passenger seat belt might not latch. This could lead to an injury if the driver brakes suddenly or if there is an accident.
- Possible loss of steering assist. Without power steering, the vehicle becomes much more difficult to control.
- Trailer brakes may stay illuminated. This could cause confusion among nearby drivers, which could lead to an accident.
- Inability to accelerate from a stop. When stopped in traffic, the inability to move could lead to an accident.
- Secondary hood latch may disengage. If the hood opens while the vehicle is in motion, it could obscure the driver’s field of vision.
- Trailer turn signals may not work. If other drivers don’t know where the vehicle and trailer are going, they could get into an accident.
Some of Hyundai’s complaints in the last few years focused on:
Popular Hyundai Models
Hyundai has a large lineup, especially if you factor in its vehicles under the Genesis and Kia brands. Some of Hyundai’s most popular models in recent years include:
Seek Legal Assistance for Your Hyundai
If you’ve experienced one of the problems above, or something similar, you can report it directly to the NHTSA so they can compile your complaint in their database. If they receive enough complaints on the same topic, they may launch an investigation into the matter.
Report your problem with your Hyundai within the original warranty period and you will have the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act working in your favor. This federal law was designed to protect consumers from unethical warranty practices. If a dealership failed to fix a warrantable defect in your Hyundai within three or more attempts and/or your vehicle has been twenty or more cumulative days out of service, you may have a viable suit against the manufacturer for breach of warranty.
You may also have state lemon laws on your side. Like the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, these laws exist to extend extra protection to you, the consumer.
Don’t keep driving your Hyundai back to the dealership for repairs. Robison Lemon Law Group LLC can help you navigate both the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and lemon laws to ensure you receive the justice you deserve.