Designed to replace the popular Chrysler Town u0026amp; Country, the Pacifica is a spacious, safe minivan designed for the whole family. Newer versions are environmentally-conscious, with hybrid models available to extend fuel economy.
Though the Pacifica has amassed quite the trophy case, drivers have found a few imperfections in the vehicle. If you believe your Chrysler Pacifica may have been sold to you with a known defect, reach out to us at 833.4.CARLAW for a free consultation and we will investigate the problem.
Yearly Chrysler Pacifica Complaints, Investigations, and Recalls
If you purchased a new Pacifica in the last few years, here’s what you should know, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
The investigation occurred to examine:
- stall/loss of motive power
Reasons for recalls include:
- Unintentional vehicle movement. This could injure passersby or even cause a crash.
- Engine stall due to software problems. This can increase the risk of a crash.
- Rear pinion brackets may crack. This crack could lead to a loss of control.
- Center passenger seat belts may be inoperable. This increases the risk of an injury in a crash.
- Rear brakes possibly crossed during assembly. This could make the rear anti-lock brake system ineffective.
- Second row left seat belt may be unlatched. This increases the risk of an injury.
- Cruise control cannot be cancelled. Cruise control will not turn off despite braking or using the steering wheel controls, which could lead to an accident. To overcome this problem, put the car into neutral and then brake until the car stops. Then shift into park to finally cancel cruise control.
Seek Legal Assistance for Your Chrysler Pacifica
If you’ve experienced one of the problems above, or something similar, you can report it directly to the NHTSA so they can compile your complaint in their database. If they receive enough complaints on the same topic, they may launch an investigation into the matter.Report your problem within the original manufacturer’s warranty period and you will have the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act working in your favor. This federal law was designed to protect consumers from unethical warranty practices. If a dealership failed to fix a warrantable defect within three or more attempts and/or your vehicle has been out of service for 20 or more days, you may have a viable suit against the manufacturer for breach of warranty.
You may also have state lemon laws on your side. Like the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, these laws exist to extend extra protection to you, the consumer.
Don’t drive your Chrysler Pacifica back and forth to the dealership for repairs. Robison Lemon Law Group LLC can help you navigate both the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and state lemon laws to ensure you receive the justice you deserve.